|Company:||SAGE Project Inc|
SAGE Job Announcement
Position: Clinician for Youth (Open until filled)
Reports to: Norma Hotaling, Executive Director
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $30 per hour ($31,200 per year)
Employment Status: Part-time (20 hours per week)
Schedule: Flexible within regular business hours between 9:00am—5:00pm
Revision Date: December 26th 2007
Benefits: Employer paid lunch for one half hour; two weeks of vacation; 11 paid holidays; 12 days of sick leave; 97% employer paid health insurance; plus dental, life, and long-term disability; AFLAC supplementary; AFLAC flexible spending accounts; up to two employer paid hours per week for school; up to two employer paid hours per week for therapy, free 20 minute acupuncture sessions per day (or for one hour at a low cost); and free herbs and vitamins if supplies available.
Founded by Norma Hotaling in 1993, SAGE (Standing Against Global Exploitation) is a San Francisco-based nonprofit human rights organization that offers peer education, job training, trauma recovery and drug counseling, holistic and traditional healthcare, and a mentorship program for victims of trafficking, sexual exploitation, and violence, and for individuals involved in the sex trade industry, and for those thinking of or having left prostitution.
SAGE currently has an opening for a half time clinician in the Youth Life Skills program, a nonresidential outreach program for high-risk girls.
CLINICIAN—SAGE Youth Program
Duties and Responsibilities
• Carries a caseload of female clients and is responsible for providing all their mental health services including individual, group, and family therapy.
• Participates in the intake process.
• Coordinates the initial and subsequent care planning meetings, including internal team members, placement workers, and/or probation officers, family, and any other significant parties.
• Monitors care plan to ensure that it is:
Individually tailored to a client’s strengths and needs
Defined by specific goals with measurable outcomes
Defined by a specified discharge goal with time frames
Flexible and responsive to changing needs and progress
Inclusive of goals towards community involvement
Culturally sensitive and relevant to the client and family’s identified culture
Facilitates weekly case review sessions with youth program case managers/peer counselors.
Conducts quality assurance and utilization reviews.
Maintains compliance with all San Francisco Department of Public Health Mental Health Program requirements.
• Demonstrated experience, commitment, and competence providing direct clinical and care management to high-risk youth.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, cultivate and adapt to working with staff and youth from diverse ethno-cultural backgrounds.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate verbally, in supervision, in meetings, and with members of the team.
Education and Experience
• MSW or Masters in Psychology or Counseling from accredited graduate school and current LCSW/MFT license or demonstrated commitment and progress toward its attainment.
• Ability to pass state and federal criminal background checks and the state youth abuse index clearance
• Must maintain current Red Cross CPR & First Aid Training certifications
• Must obtain TB skin test and health screening report
• Must have valid California Driver's License.
*Essential functions of the position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTICE: This description is to be used as a guide only. It does not constitute a contract, commitment or promise of any kind. SAGE reserves the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or downgrade the position as dictated by business necessity at anytime with or without notice.
DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume to:
SAGE Project, Inc
1275 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Or fax cover letter and resume to:
Attn. Nancy Heilner, LCSW
Fax: (415) 358-2729
Visit us on the web at: